Suggested List of Things to Bring to OHA
Spiritual Growth and Personal Bible Study:
- Bible: Options follow.
- Small Pocket Bible.
- Larger Literal Translation.
- High Quality Bible for Bible studies & seniors.
- Bible Marking Pens/Pencils.
- Spirit of Prophecy Books:
- Hardback Desire of Ages, by Ellen G. White.
- Daily Devotional Material: Options follow.
- Daily Devotionals, Patriarchs and Prophets, Messages to Young People, Christ Object Lessons, Thoughts From the Mount of Blessings, Story of Redemption, Education, etc.
- Conflict of the Ages Series (Optional).
- Bible Study Resources (Recommended):
- Thompson Chain Reference Bible.
- Strong’s Concordance.
- Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words
- Treasury of Scripture Knowledge.
Suggested School Supplies
- Paper and Pen Related Supplies
- Zippered 3 Ring Binder
- 8 Tab Dividers
- Plain, College Ruled, 3-hole-punched Notebook Paper
- Yellow Highlighter
- Red Pen
- Graph Paper
- Spiral Bound Notebooks for taking notes
- Protractor & Compass
- Scotch Tape
- Glue Sticks
- 3 x 5 index cards
- Colored Pencils or Pens / Crayons
- Other School Supplies
- Scientific Calculator
- School Backpack/Book Bag
Required Personal Items
- Wrist Watch*
- Umbrella or Rain Coat
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad
- Flashlight or Headlamp
- Quart Sized Water Bottle
Dormitory Room Items:
- Desk Lamp
- Pillow and Pillowcase
- Twin Sized Bed Linen
- Twin Flat Sheet & Fitted sheets
- Twin sized blanket
- Twin sized bedspread
- Toiletries (Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Shampoo, Soap, Deodorant, Hair comb/brush, Hair styling, etc.)
- Towels and Washcloths
- Laundry Sack or Laundry Basket
- Personal Water Filter
- Pictures of Family
- Tacky Putty
Clothes & Shoes: (see Guidelines in Handbook)
- School Clothes:
- Boys: Nice Jeans or slacks & collard shirts
- Girls: Skirts or dresses
Vocational Training Clothes:
- Boys: Work jeans or slacks without holes.
- Work boots.
- Work Gloves
- Safety Glasses
- Hearing Protection
- Sabbath Clothes
- Boys: Dress Slacks, Dress Shirts, Dress Shoes and Tie
- Boys: Black Dress Pants, Black Shoes, Black Belt, and White Dress Shirt (Tie provided)
- Girls: Black Shoes, Black Skirt and White Blouse
- Chorale Uniform for boys selected in the small choir is a Black Suit.
- Modest Swimsuit
- Swim Clothes (Modest, dark colored)
- Modest Sleep Attire
- Athletic Shoes for Physical Education
- Dress Shoes for Sabbath
- Sturdy, closed-toed shoes for work in vocational areas including kitchen.
- School: Sandals may be worn in warmer months but closed-toed should be worn during colder months.
- Musical Instruments such as Violins, Brass, Flute, Guitar, Ukulele, Recorder, etc. (No drums or electric guitars)
- Music books (see music guidelines)
- Electronic instruments must be pre-approved
- Stationery, envelopes and stamps
- Thank You Cards / Birthday Cards, etc.
- Backpacking Equipment for Optional Spring Backpacking Trip
- Backpacking Backpack
- Optional: Backpacking Tent, Backpacking Stove
- Bicycle with helmet
- Skateboard with helmet, kneepads, elbow pads, and wrist guards.
- Items Required for Life and Teachings of Jesus Class (See Suggested List PDF link above)
- Bold items are required